Sailing and Racing at EYC 2021
Guide to this sailing programme
- Open Sail - General sailing session for dinghies and/or cruisers
- Sundowner - Sail on a Friday evening as the sun sets. Bar open and quite often we have a BBQ
- Buddy Sail - Dinghy sailing when there's no safety cover available
- Informal Training - Please see below
- Theory Session - Please see below
- XYZ Cup - A race, or a day of racing
- Brass Monkey, Foote Mitchell, Diamond - A race that's part of a series
When will there be safety boat cover?
There will usually be a safety boat on the water during Dinghy or Combined "Open Sail" sessions, Sundowners, Informal Training, and dinghy races.
New in 2021: Informal Training (Online and On the water)
AFTER EACH SESSION WE OPEN THE MEETING UP TO ALL MEMBERS TO JOIN FOR A SOCIAL CHAT AT 8pm!
We have allocated monthly training sessions into the sailing programme for beginners and intermediate sailors. The aim is to get out on the water as restrictions are eased, and cover the basics, right through to manoeuvres like lee shore landings and man overboard, with sessions in dinghies and cruisers where possible. Restrictions on numbers will reflect the stage we are in the 4 Steps and also the number of boats we have available, although members with their own boats are very welcome to join in. If any instructors and PB drivers want to take part in assisting then let me know. It will be good experience and is not very onerous.
Social distanced sailing:
Please see this update on socially distanced sailing at EYC: https://erithyachtclub.org.uk/index.php/club-news/742-socially-distanced-sailing-at-eyc-sept2020-update
Top Tip: If you use gmail, you can auto-sync the EYC calendar to your Google Calendar